The Eastern Discovery With Cruise Premier (Summer 2020)
The Eastern Discovery – With Cruise Premier, Summer 2020
This multi-layered journey takes you from the Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna to the mighty Parthenon in Athens and on to the shimmering Greek isles with a stopover in Corfu. Over 3 days, cruise to hidden coves, sandy beaches and white-washed villages.
- Dubrovnik: You will be offered a varied selection of charming restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your vacation with a lively Celebration Dinner in true Greek style at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 16 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 9 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package, with a selection of alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and hot beverages.
- Ephesus: With your Local Expert, explore this Greco-Roman treasure, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Heraklion: While in Crete, join in a guided visit of the Palace of King Minos.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vienna: Let the sheer opulence of Schönbrunn Palace indulge your senses! Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road passing the Hofburg Imperial Palace, Austrian Parliament Building, Opera House and Karlskirche.
- Maribor: Led by your Travel Director, explore this charming city, the second largest in Slovenia. Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert guides you this two-tiered capital. Explore Donji Grad, the Lower Town, and see the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square, Ban Josip Jelacic Square and the cathedral.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark’s Church and the Lotršcak Tower.
- Plitvice Lakes: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park as you walk along stunning cascades, guided by your Local Expert. Visit Korana Canyon to see the falls and Tomicevo Pogledalo for spectacular panoramic views.
- Trogir: See the cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Split: With a local historian, explore above and below ground within the walls of the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s palace – now in the heart of modern-day Split. See Diocletian’s Mausoleum, now St. Duje’s and the Temple of Jupiter, now a baptistery, as well as the Golden Gate.
- Split: Sightseeing with your Local Expert continues through the old town. Walk through the Jewish Quarter to reach Narodni Trg, the centre of Old Split. Continue to Trg Brace Radic, translated as the Square of the Radic brothers, but better known to the locals as Vocni Trg, or the Fruit Square.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the old town to see Onofrio’s Fountain, Rector’s Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Kotor: Visit the old town situated on a beautiful bay and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Tirana: Enjoy guided sightseeing with your Local Expert.
- Corfu: Escape to this idyllic island by cruise, enjoying leisure time on the beach or insightful exploration.
- Corfu: Return to the mainland by cruise and continue your journey through Greece.
- Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way, once lined with offertory temples.
- Delphi: Guided by your Local Expert pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious oracle.
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you’ll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion.
- Mediterranean Legends Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete & Santorini. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi.
- Athens: See the Arch of Hadrian, erected in honour of the Roman Emperor and used as a divider between the ancient city and the new Roman district, along with the remaining columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and take in the passing scenery of Styria, Drava River, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Montenegro and Albania.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airpo…
Welcome to Vienna.
Stately Vienna and the Habsburgs.
Zagreb’s Twin Towns.
The Crystal Lakes of Plitvice.
Plitvice Lakes, Ancient Trogir and Split.
Dubrovnik, Pearl of the Adriatic.
Scenic Drive to Kotor and Tirana.
Across to Corfu.
Relax in Corfu.
Delphi, Centre of the Ancient World.
Delphi sightseeing and on to Athens.
Cruise to Mykonos.
Kusadasi to Patmos.
Crete and Santorini.